The Beta Space Location: Sky Tower, Reem Island
The GlassQube Coworking Team is delighted to finally reveal the location of The Beta Space, which is targeted to open its doors in early May, 2016 on the 35th floor of Sky Tower, Reem Island, Abu Dhabi.
This 74 story Class A luxury tower represents one of the premiere office towers in Abu Dhabi. The combination of a modern luxury tower coupled with exceptional retail amenities and unlimited parking is simply unparalleled in Abu Dhabi. Additionally, the GlassQube Beta Space offers a commercially strategic location adjacent to the central business district and several key roads.
Here is a snapshot of some of the features and amenities at Sky Tower:
- Direct access to Salam Street & Hwy E10 (0.5kms)
- Direct access to 9th St and the Department of Economic Development (2kms)
- Direct access to 9th St and the Ministry of Finance (2kms)
- Direct access to Abu Dhabi Global Markets (ADGM) (0.5kms)
- Full sized Waitrose grocery store on-site
- Wide selection of F&B including Starbucks, La Brioche, Nando’s, Subway, Leopold’s
- Action Zone with bowling center and billiards
- Ladies Nail Salon
- Boudoir Ladies Spa
- Men’s Salon
- NBAD and CIB retail banking branches
- Mosaic Nursery
In addition to the exceptional location, The Beta Space represents a cataclysmic fusion of beautiful design and bespoke pragmatism that facilitates networking and catalyzes collaboration. We are extremely proud to deliver a flexible workspace to the UAE that is representative of the new workspace paradigm in the digital era.
Here are just a few highlights of The Beta Space:
- Fully wireless facility with 100Mbps + 99% up-time
- Ethernet ports at every private workstation
- Charging ports at every workstation
- Three formal conference rooms, fully wired w/ digital AV
- Four bespoke breakout rooms w/ comfy couches & digital AV
- 350sqm contemporary kitchen-lounge overlooking the Arabian Sea
- Booth seating for casual meetings
- Privacy booths for personal calls (or naps!)
- Shared natural light: Every office is walled in soundproof glass.
The Beta Space is quite simply, an unprecedented workspace that will fundamentally and permanently alter the flexible workspace landscape in the UAE. But don’t take our word for it, starting in the coming weeks, we will be providing tours of The Beta Space, so come see for yourself. Send us an email to request a tour.
Here are a few pictures of the actual final design of The Beta Space.
GlassQube Coworking Welcomes Our New Members!
As we announced in our last newsletter, Uber Technologies joined GlassQube making The Beta Space its base of operations in Abu Dhabi. And despite being weeks away from launching, new Members continue to join the GlassQube Coworking ecosystem. The GlassQube Team welcomes our newest Members and thanks them for their early support.
We are excited to introduce you to one our newest Members, AEDVentures. They are Abu Dhabi’s first health-tech hub, providing startups of various maturity a platform that encourages innovation, cross-pollination, and accelerated entry into the GCC market by working closely with an extensive network of founders, partners, investors and service providers. Co-founders Majid Al Mail and Bern Shen MD bring a combined six decades of experience in healthcare, technology investment, Government policy work and business development across the Gulf region and Silicon Valley.
When asked about joining GlassQube, Co-founder and Flat6Labs Advisory Board Member, Majid Al Mail said,
“We’re thrilled to be a part of GlassQUBE’s innovative co-working space in Abu Dhabi, and look forward to leveraging the GlassQube platform to build bridges among both local and global health-tech entrepreneurs, medical centers, investors, and government agencies.”
GlassQube Co-Founder, Bernard Lee added,
“We couldn’t be happier with having AEDVentures join the GlassQube community. Bern and Majid bring a deep collective pool of public and private sector knowledge from across the GCC and Silicon Valley, and I anticipate that they will make an extraordinary contribution to the GlassQube ecosystem that will benefit all of our Members along with the global health-tech sector.”
Abu Dhabi Freelancers & Entrepreneurs Meetup
On March 22nd, GlassQube Coworking and Uber Technologies co-sponsored the inaugural Abu Dhabi Freelancers and Entrepreneurs Meetup, a platform for freelancers and entrepreneurs to network, exchange ideas and learn from a collective of individual experiences. The event took place at The Space, Park Rotana Complex, in Abu Dhabi and was attended by over 150 people.
Georges Daoud of Tamimi & Co provided an insightful presentation on legal considerations regarding company formation in the UAE, and Bernard Lee, Co-founder of GlassQube Coworking hosted a lively panel discussion on the UAE operating environment for freelancers and entrepreneurs. The panel included
- Georges Daoud of Tamimi & Co.
- Ramzy Ismail, Program Manager of Flat6Labs
- Haitham Al-Khatib, CEO of Sakkini
- Robyn Brazzil, Program Manager, NYU Abu Dhabi Idea Lab
- Ardema Narwal, Artist & Journalist, Gulf News
- Stephanie Jerron-Quarshie, Co-founder off WeDoIT
It was a fun and informative evening that tapped into the deep well of entrepreneurial energy in Abu Dhabi. GlassQube is a permanent sponsor of this Meetup group and looks forward to hosting the next event on May 31st.
Here are a few pictures from the evening, including one of GlassQube Co-Founder, Fahad Al Ahbabi warming up the crowd!
Last but not least, our Grand Opening party is slotted for the week of May 15th preceded by an unofficial soft opening during the 1st week of May. Let us know if you would like to receive an invitation. We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks and officially unleashing The Beta Space into the market.